Holiday Trends 2020By Jon Young
Our free annual report on the state of the UK holiday market will be available soon. Sign up now to be amongst the first to get your copy.
The survey is conducted amongst a nationally representative sample of 1,000 UK residents in January and March.
What is covered by the research
January and March surveys cover the following (and much more):
- Top holiday destinations this year
- The UK’s most desirable destinations and city-breaks
- Information choices when booking a holiday
- Accommodation and booking patterns
- The impact of Brexit on holiday choice
- Sustainable tourism and accessible tourism
The COVID-19 Coronavirus epidemic is having an impact on travel and leisure plans and we are keen to understand how this may have affected holiday behaviour and future intentions. Our research conducted in late March covers the following and more:
- When people think holiday travel will return to ‘normal
- What planned 2020 holidays have been/are expected to be cancelled
- Are people intending to re-book these planned holidays?
- Which types of digital initiatives from visitor attractions are appealing?
The January research remains useful in revealing the long term trends in holiday behaviour and the March research indicates – as much as possible - the impact of coronavirus, at least in the short-term.
Holiday Trends consists of a free short report and access to a data dashboard. This will be followed up with further special interest reports which will be published during the year