SME Finance Monitor
The SME Finance Monitor has been providing independent, robust and respected data on access to finance amongst SMEs since 2011. We have now conducted over 180,000 interviews (4,250 each quarter), building into a considerable data set on SME sentiment around past and future finance needs. Having tracked how SMEs fared after the last recession, we have monitored them through the immediate and longer term implications of Covid-19, Brexit and, more recently, the increases in costs and supply chain issues, with regular updates on SME access to finance as well as their growth plans, ambitions and current performance.
SME Finance Monitor Q2 2022 - published October 2022
Updates on key metrics are published based on the previous 3 months rolling data. The latest period is the 3 months to the end of September 2022
SME Finance Monitor Q4 2021 - published March 2022
As the impact of the pandemic starts to wane, SMEs face new challenges, including increasing costs and recruitment. Find out more by downloading the full report, management summary and chart pack today.
SME Finance Monitor Q2 2021 - published August 2021
SME Finance Monitor data is made available across a range of bespoke reports
- Updates on key metrics are published based on the previous 3 months rolling data. The latest period is the 3 months to the end of September 2022
- A full report is usually published every 6 months, providing the latest data on SMEs by size, sector and region and showing how the market has evolved over time. The latest full report was for Q4 2021, published in March 2022.
- Every year we publish the annual Regional Report which provides more detail on the English regions and the three devolved nations in the last year and over time. The 2021 annual regional report will be available late spring.
- We also publish reports on specific sub-groups of interest. The most recent Women-lead business report included data to Q2 2019 and more recent headline data was included in the latest Rose Review update on female entrepreneurship.
- The Ethnic Minority Businesses report is based on the experiences of ethnic minority SMEs in the 18 months to Q2 2020 and how those experiences have changed over time.
- The full archive of SME Finance Monitor reports can be found here: https://www.bva-bdrc.com/sme-finance-monitor-archive/