London M&E Site Inspection Benchmark
Meetings and Events site inspections - how do your venue showrounds compare?
Site visits are a hugely important factor in event bookers' final venue selection decisions. Getting your showround wrong just isn't an option, regardless of whether the purpose of the visit is to make a selection decision or ratify one.
In fact, over a quarter of corporate bookers and half of agent bookers rely on the site visit to decide which venue to book.
In summer 2017, BVA BDRC will send mystery auditors to a section of meetings and events venues in London to obtain a fly-on-the-wall view of how showrounds perform and compare. They will follow the path customers make in the lead up to booking a venue.
- Potentially identify why you may not be converting enquiries into business
- Monitor the end to end booking journey
- Identify strengths and weaknesses compared to competitors
- Inform future training
All site inspection auditors are experienced hotelier and/or MICE professionals. Auditors are selected based on their present and past practice, showing an up-to-date and relevant handle on the current industry standards.
Auditors will act as an 'in-house' booker, drawing on their skills to proceed as they would in a real life scenario. Mystery identities will be issued along with company credentials and a Google presence, so they go undetected.
Outputs and timeframe for 2017
- Commitment: end of June
- Fieldwork: July and August
- Reporting: September
Subscribers will receive
- An inspection scorecard with valuable comments and feedback within two weeks of visit
- Interaction timeline - a snapshot of all interaction between the auditor and the venue from start to finish.
- The London Competitor Report (and the announcement of winning venue) released at BVA BDRC's Hotel Insights Forum 14 September 2017.
Find out more and subscribe
Or contact us for pricing and further information.