Hotel Guest Survey
Hospitality is about serving people, so when you understand your audience, everything changes: the way you market, the products you create, the brands you support, the way you engage, even the metrics that determine success.
The Hotel Guest Survey (HGS) is used by leading travel and hospitality brands, consultants, management organisations and asset managers worldwide. It delivers business critical insight on brand performance in the context of ever-changing guest behaviours and priorities.
Conducted quarterly across 25 of the world’s leading travel source markets, HGS connects with over 50,000 business and leisure travellers, covering over 150 brands.
Gain a granular view of Brand Health to determine risks and opportunities versus the competitor set.
- Brand Performance
- Salience - is it known or relevant?
- Selection - is it liked or chosen?
- Suggestion - is it recommended?
- Brand Margin® – how much value or premium does it add?
- Brand Imagery - is it associated with the right attributes?
Customer Needs & Brand Perceptions
Pinpoint emerging needs among your target audience to guide future investments and brand messages.
- Hierarchy of guest needs
- Brand perception relative to competitors
- Purchase drivers and stay decisions
Keep a finger on the pulse of changes in the path-to-purchase, loyalty programmes and disruptors such as the sharing economy.
- Path-to-purchase – how to optimise your omnichannel buying experience; understand the typical combination of devices, information and booking channels and how they vary by destination and reason for stay
- Loyalty programme performance based on participation, consumer ratings and impact on ratio of direct to indirect booking transactions
- Sharing economy – to what extent is demand for homestay sites such as AirBnB displacing demand for hotels across your target segments?
You can also include your own confidential questions, whether you want to test recall of a specific campaign or find out more about your target guests.
The Hotel Guest Survey is not a point in time, off the shelf study, it is an ongoing view of the ever-shifting global hotel market. Its outputs can be adapted to your needs depending on the questions you need answering.