Graphic Designer - May 2016
Role: Graphic Designer
What is the job about?
Join a team responsible for communicating the agency’s work and potential to our clients and prospects. This is a new role in our expanding Business Services team, reporting to our Design Manager.
At its heart, this role is about making BVA BDRC Group’s communication even better. We’re good with words, we’re exceptional with numbers and we’re really great at graphs and charts. Our web and social media copy has a high follow rate and take up. However, we know we can improve further our visual and multimedia communication.
Clients for our market research, predominantly in B2C service sectors, often have to communicate complex research and strategic recommendations to time-poor internal clients. Illustrations, infographics, motion graphics and video, viewed on anything from smartphones to large screens, can all help their job. A clear, strong narrative is critical in adding value to their research investment. Any design must be credible, clear and engaging.
The same is true of our marketing content, which must engage with readers across varied channels and encourage them to work with us.
- Production of bespoke graphics and material for proposals, credentials and reports
- Creation and design of marketing documents: PDF, print, online, social and email
- Motion graphics, video/audio editing
- Marketing support to BVA BDRC Group companies in the UK, USA and Asia Pacific.
Graduate with a strong degree and appropriate design qualifications. 2-3 years experience, whether client side, agency side or freelance. You need:
- Creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense
- An interest in graphics and typography
- Strong Mac skills. Experienced with InDesign, Illustrator and/or Photoshop
- Experience of video editing and/or motion graphics would be helpful but not essential
- Experienced in PowerPoint
- An understanding of brands and branding
- Passionate about great design and helping others understand its principles
- Well organised, efficient and can work to deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with others
Salary & benefits
The salary is competitive. Discounted gym membership and interest-free travel loan or cycle to work scheme. Contributory pension. In addition, we have an active company social life – summer day out, Christmas party, skating trips and even visits to galleries. It’s generally acknowledged as being a great place to work!
Please direct enquiries and CVs to Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org